RyuTe® Renmei has twelve empty-hand kata which were
passed down to Taika Oyata by Shigeru Nakamura:
- Tomari Seisan
The following weapons were studied and used all across Okinawa and the Ryukyu
islands. Many have their origins in simple farming and fishing equipment.
- Bo * (six foot wooden staff)
- Jo * (four foot wooden staff)
- Tan Bo * (a pair of two foot sticks)
- Sai (a pair of trident shaped metal truncheons)
- Manji Sai * (similar to sai with forks pointing in opposite directions)
- Eiku (oar)
- Nunte Bo (manji sai attached to the end of a bo)
- Kama (sickle)
- Chizikun Bo
- Nunchaku (wooden flail)
*Primary weapons being studied by instructor Adam Cave.